Pages

Monday, September 18, 2006

Aiken Returns With Swooneriffic Stylings

American Idol Second Season Runner Up Clay Aiken has finally returned with his long awaited sophomore album. With Claymates already lining up at Sam Goody's around the country, this album promises to top the billboard chart.

Aiken explained to reporters that the album, entitled "A Thousand Different Ways" has been a labor of love, "The album has taken two years because I wanted to make sure I gave my loyal fans exactly what they want - me singing covers of ballads from the eighties."

The album features Aiken singing covers of ten of everyone's favorite ballads including the Bryan Adams smash hit, "Everything I do, I do it for you" and "Broken Wings," sung by some other guy.

Aiken also croons the Motley Crue hit, "Without You." Aiken told reporters about some of his reservations about using the song, "It's takes a real man to sing Motley Crue. I really had to bring my studliness up to par. It wasn't that hard."

When asked about the meaning behind the title "A Thousand Different Ways," Aiken replied, "I was going to name the album Fifty Ways to Leave Your Lover, but that was taken." Sources tell us other possible names for the album which were scrapped were, "Clay Aiken Sings Songs to Heave By" and "Clays Aiken Gives you Yet Another Reason to Drive Your Car into a Ravine."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Other songs Clay considered were: "Don't Cry on My Shoulder Cause Your Rustin' My Spurs", "If My Nose Were Full of Nickels, I'd Blow It All On You" and "Since You Bought the Waterbed, We've Slowly Drifted Apart."

Angel Feathers Tickle Me said...

Love to all...

Jo said...

Hey...! I love your blog. You're very funny.

Isn't Clay Aiken's 15 minutes of fame over yet? Does he actually have loyal fans?

Anonymous said...

Do you think Clay likes Pat Sajak, too? A bad cover album of 80s tunes is a great way to end a career that really is lacking momentum.

Even though it's from the 70s, he should have done a version of "After the Loving." I listened to that song again today and forgot how much I like it!